Wednesday, March 21, 2007

After the Seals...


Sleepy Koala
Originally uploaded by .PT.
... we went and saw some Koalas!

They were WELL cute!

I've been lucky enough to see Koalas a few times now but I still love seeing them, they lead the most CHILLED OUT lifestyle of any animal ever!

They sleep 23 hours a day and when they are not sleeping they just munch on Eucalyptus leaves - the leaves make them stoned! You can see that this one has got red eyes if you look close enough!

He was a big fella and was really close to the ground, only about 10ft high so we could see him real well, there was a baby one further up the tree too - he was real cute - just looked like a little grey ball of fur!

They had Echindnas here too and thats the first time I have seen one of them in the wild.

This Echindna was cool - he had big spikes and looks like a proper mean hedgehog!

I kept wanting to call them Enchiladas rather than Echidnas! This Aussie fella said to me "They probably dont make good eating mate!"

But the Koalas were the best - they ROCK!!!

I reckon they'd be a pretty low maintenance pet, they just sleep ALL the time, and then get the munchies - I want one... = )

No comments: