Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Kangaroo Island, 6 Months Away and My Birthday!


Kangaroo Island Seals
Originally uploaded by .PT.
It was my birthday whilst I was in Adelaide and we went to Kangaroo Island!

My birthday also marked it being 6 months since I left the UK. It has gone pretty fast and I have done sooooo much amazing stuff. I have had some great experiences which I will remember for the rest of my life - and I have met some awesome people and new friends along the way!

LOADS and LOADS has happened over this time, lots of ups, some downs, but its all been interesting and good experience for me...

Okay so back to Kangaroo Island - it was quality!

We caught the ferry over and then went round on a bus. We went to a bay on the south of the island first of all where they have a massive colony of seals.

They were soooooo cool, there were loads of them right there on the beach and we could walk real close to them!

Some of the seals were body surfing into shore and playing around. The big male ones were intimidating the other seals and some of the baby ones were crying out for their Mum's to come and feed them! It was cute!

One little one was making loads of noise and then its Mum came back from fishing (they go for 72 hours at a time so this was pretty rare to see) and fed the little fella - that was cool! He must have been hungry...

There are loads of sharks off this coast so she was lucky to make it. The guide said that hardly any of the seals die from old age - they just get older and a bit slower and then get caught by sharks because there are so many! Woah! Dont wanna go swimming here!

No comments: