Saturday, April 28, 2007

In Australia til 2011 (if I want to that is...)

Ok...

I've known this for about 5 weeks or so now but I just haven't written about it yet...

My employer sponsorship application (457 visa) went through successfully last month which basically means that I can stay in Australia for...

the next 4 years...!!!

Get in!

I am real happy about that...

Its the first step to getting permanent residency (if I decide I want to do that) and it just gives me that bit of security.

Without this visa I would have had to return to the UK in October and there is no way that I want to come back so soon so its all good.

It usually takes a few months for the application to go through but I was REAL lucky as mine went through in one and a half weeks!

My company are pretty good for stuff like that.

So yeah real happy about it... This is the first step to me becoming an Aussie!

3 comments:

sol said...

Hola:
Buscando en la web me encontre con tu blog, y le di un vistazo a las bellas fotografias, que suerte estar en tan hermosos lugares.
Solo eso, Chao

Sol

Rob said...

I'm hoping that was just a slip of the tounge Taylor, 'first step to you becoming an Aussie'?! An inhabitant of Australia is one thing becoming an Aussie is something totally different. Dont loose your British identity boyo!

Paul Taylor said...

Hahaha!

Yeah dont worry mate I'm not going to lose my identity, I always say I'm English though not British... I dont like to associate myself with the Jocks and the bloody Welsh!