Saturday, April 28, 2007

I'm an Uncle!

My sister had a baby girl on Wednesday this week!

Little Charlotte arrived at around 5.30pm UK time and both mother and baby are really well...!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo pleased its AWESOME!!!

I sent some stuff for the baby back with my parents and they are heading up to Manchester this weekend to see Claire and Charlotte so they will get it all then...

It was Anzac Day here on Wednesday (public holiday) and I was out in the pub with all my friends playing two up (an Aussie thing!) when my Dad texted me to say Claire had gone into labour... Everyone was real excited, I was too but was just hoping Claire was ok really...

Then early Thursday morning (Aus time) my Dad texted me to say Charlotte had arrived and everything was ok...

I dont think he expected me to be up, it was real early but I was up watching Chelsea v Liverpool in Champions League! So I called him straight away, it was cool!

My sister got out of hospital yesterday so her and Charlotte are back home now. All good!

It feels cool being an Uncle! I like it already...!

It also feels a bit weird not being at home for this too.

Like I said before, its pretty hard living on the other side of the world sometimes...

No comments: